Six indicted in October shooting at Genesee Valley Center
FLINT TOWNSHIP, MI – Six people were charged in an October shooting at the Genesee Valley Center in Flint Township that left two seriously injured.
The Genesee County District Attorney’s Office has charged six people, two of whom are currently anonymous, with several crimes:
- Mikhael Emmanuel Collins – Assault with intent to murder, Criminal firearm (x3), Weapons – Discharge into impaired building, Carrying a concealed weapon, Malicious destruction of property
- Lionell Jabar Brown – Assault with intent to murder, Criminal firearm (x5), Weapons – Dump into impaired building, Malicious destruction of property, Possession of machine gun, Criminal in possession of firearm, Port concealed weapon
- Desmion William Hodo – Possession of Machine Gun, Criminal Firearm, Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Trevon Lanard Davis – tampering with evidence, criminal firearm, lying to police officer, carrying concealed weapon
- (Person 5) – Assault with intent to murder, Criminal firearm (x3) Weapons – Discharge in a building causing an impairment, Carrying a concealed weapon, Malicious destruction of property
- (Person 6) – Assault with intent to murder, Criminal firearm (x3), Weapons – Discharge in a building causing an impairment, Carrying a concealed weapon, Malicious destruction of property
The first four suspects – Collins, Brown, Hodo and Davis – have all been brought to trial in Genesee District Court, according to a Tuesday November 2 press release from the Flint Township Police Department. The two anonymous suspects were arrested in Texas and will be extradited and brought to justice after their return to Michigan.
Agents were dispatched around 3 p.m. on Saturday, October 16. There was a scuffle and several handguns were drawn and drawn, police said.
Two people involved in the altercation were shot and taken to a local hospital for treatment. The mall was locked and then closed for the rest of the day as police investigated the shooting.
It was the second time shots were fired inside the mall this year.
On May 19, police also responded to a report of shots fired inside the JCPenney wing of the mall.
Learn more about MLive:
1 gunshot at Genesee Valley Center in prison, 1 remains in critical condition
2 seriously injured in shopping mall shooting that closed Genesee Valley Center
COVID-19 vaccine, booster injection available at these churches in Flint
Police investigate fatal shooting in Flint